Best Online Casino Payment Methods in New Zealand
Bonus $1000 +150 Free Spins on Book of Dead
Up to $1000 +100 Free Spins
100% bonus up to $123
NZ$1200 Deposit Bonus + 50 Free spins
100% up to $1000 + 200 Free Spins
Deposit Bonus up to NZ$100
50 Free Spins for NZ$1
Up to $3000 + 100 Free Spins
$100 Bonus + 70 Free Spins
20 Free Spins No Deposit + 200% Bonus up to $500 + 50FS
Why it’s Important to Choose the Right Payment Method
Not all casino banking methods are equal. Some will only enable you to make a deposit, while others will facilitate both deposits and withdrawals. Some charge fees, and others do not. Some minimum deposits are lower than others, and withdrawal caps vary too. Some offer complete anonymity, and some, cryptocurrencies and eWallets, provide quicker withdrawal times than other methods.
But whatever the comparative differences, the one thing you can be sure of is that all of the casino payment methods we recommend here on our website, whether they are bank transfers, credit/debit cards, cryptos, eWallets or prepaid cards, are 100% safe and secure.
The Factors We Consider When Recommending Casino Payment Options
Whenever the team here at Wagering Advisers make recommendations about online casinos or the banking methods they offer, our prime consideration is always player safety and security.
We seek to ensure that payments always end up where intended, that transactions cannot be hijacked and that your financial security data is kept safe from prying eyes.
Choosing a Casino Payment Option for Making Deposits
Whenever you check out a payment method for online casinos, you will always find that there are more deposit options than withdrawal. In some instances, that may be to do with the fees that the various brands charge casinos, while in others, like prepaid cards, for example, they are only designed for one-way payments – a deposit payment.
Many NZ gamblers prefer to use a casino payment method that works both ways, so when we review some of the brands a little later, we will confirm whether they work for depositing and withdrawing. That will make it easier to select the best payment method for online casinos for your convenience.
All of the branded deposit methods we list offer immediate deposits. However, you should be aware that, in reality, this can take anywhere from 0 to 30 minutes.
Choosing a Casino Payment Option for Making Withdrawals
As already mentioned, you cannot assume that the payment method you choose allows you to both deposit and withdraw money.
As regards the time it takes to complete a withdrawal, this can vary considerably from brand to brand. Cryptocurrency and eWallet methods are generally fastest. But what some payment option reviews don’t tell you is that the online casinos need time to process your withdrawal request, and this can usually take anywhere from 1 to 3 days.
Choosing the Best Casino Payment Option Based on Fees
Fees can be important. Especially if you’re withdrawing a large sum of money. 3% of NZ$100 is only NZ$3, but 3% of NZ$100,000, if you’re lucky enough to win big, is NZ$3,000. Something to bear in mind when you’re considering payment brand options.
Best Banking Options for Online Casinos for Convenience
Convenience is also something not to be overlooked. Bear in mind that some payment methods for online casinos may initially require you to set up an account with the brand in question before you can consider using the brand at an online casino. It’s all part of the payment process, and the easier it is to make deposit and withdrawal requests, the better.
Suggestions for the Best Banking Option for Online Casinos
Time now to get down to the nitty-gritty. Here are several options that the team here at Wagering Advisers suggest you consider.
The Maestro, Mastercard or Visa Casino Payments
You used to be able to use credit cards to fund or receive money from your gambling activities, but it was banned in 2020. However, most offshore casinos will allow credit card payment. Also, you can use the above-mentioned branded debit cards. Deposits are usually processed and received in your player account within minutes, but it should be noted that it is sometimes not possible to withdraw via Maestro or MasterCard.
The average transaction time for withdrawals is 2 to 3 days, and fees range from 1.5% to 2%.
The ecoPayz Payment Method
ecoPayz is a global payment solutions provider that offers instant, safe and convenient payments to gamblers not only in New Zealand but worldwide. The minimum deposit and withdrawal sums using the ecoPayz eWallet are NZ$10 and NZ$20, respectively. As an eWallet, deposits are immediate, and withdrawals are processed within 24 hours (subject to casino processing times). Fees range from 1.99% to 1.25%, depending on your account level.
The Neteller Casino Payment Method
Neteller is one of the most popular eWallet casino payment methods with players in New Zealand. You can use it for both depositing and withdrawing. It can be used via Net+ prepaid cards or can be topped up from your card or bank account. Withdrawals cannot be made to Net+ prepaid cards but can be made to the originating card or bank account from whence the deposit originally came.
Deposits will typically appear in your casino player account within 10 minutes. Being an eWallet and, therefore, one of the faster withdrawal methods, any money withdrawn will appear in the destination account within 0 to 24 hours, subject to the casino’s processing time. Neteller charges a 2.5% fee.
The PayPal Casino Payment Method
PayPal is the leading online payment system in the world and is also popular with gamblers in New Zealand. It supports both deposits and withdrawals, and once you’ve set up your PayPal account and linked it to your bank account is very easy to use.
As an eWallet, PayPal is a top best payment method for online casinos. Deposits are instant (up to 10 minutes maximum), and withdrawals are paid within 0 to 24 hours, subject to the casino’s withdrawal request processing time. In New Zealand, there is no fee to pay for withdrawing money from your PayPal account.
The Paysafecard Casino Payment Method
Paysafecard is a popular prepaid card choice with Kiwis because of the anonymity it offers. You can buy Paysafecards for a range of values. Each card has a unique 1-off PIN, so when you use your card to make a deposit, no personal details are needed. Deposits are instant, but unfortunately, it only works one-way. You cannot withdraw money to a Paysafecard.
The Poli Casino Payment Method
Although Poli is popular in New Zealand, it is not one of the top casino payment methods. It is a third-party electronic payment system that links your bank account to your casino of choice.
Deposits are instant, and no fees are involved. Regarding withdrawals, you need to check with the casino, as not all allow you to use Poli to transfer money from your player account.
The Skrill Casino Payment Method
The Skrill eWallet is probably the best banking option for online casinos in New Zealand, judging by its popularity. It is easy to use, safe and secure, offering instant deposits and fast withdrawals (subject to casino withdrawal request processing time) within 24 hours. You can use it to claim low deposit offers from as little as 1 NZD. Fees are capped at 0.99%
Mobile Banking Methods
Many players in New Zealand gamble using their mobile devices these days, and it is convenient to be able to pay and withdraw via your mobile device too. Most banking methods can be accessed via your mobile’s inbuilt browser, but there are some dedicated mobile methods that make it even easier:
- Boku – allows you to pay via your mobile device, providing your network provider approves the charge.
- Payforit – with this mobile online casino payment method, the cost of the deposit you wish to make can be added to your mobile or, alternatively, can be deducted from your pay-as-you-go account.
- Zimpler – simply enter your mobile phone number, apply to Zimpler for a unique code, and then use it to make your deposit.
Fees vary from provider to provider. Also, it is only possible to use mobile payment systems for making deposits.
The Bank Transfer Casino Payment Method
All online casinos accept bank transfers for both depositing and withdrawing. There is usually no fee to pay, but the minimum sums vary from bank to bank. Transactions take a little longer than other payments. Deposits can take up to 30 minutes to appear in your player accounts, and withdrawals can take up to 2 to 4 days, plus the casino processing time.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can you tell a payment method is safe to use?
- The best way to ensure a payment method is safe is to only choose from those listed on the Wagering Advisers website.
- What are the fees for using payment methods at online casinos?
- Casinos do not normally charge fees for depositing, but some may charge a fee for withdrawals. Your payment provider is also likely to charge a fee, so check with both before deciding.
- How long does it take to receive withdrawal money from online casinos?
- It can take anywhere from a few minutes to several days, depending on which casino payment method you use. Don't forget that whatever your payment provider says, your chosen casino will also have its own processing time, which varies from site to site.
- Do some payment methods have restrictions on their use?
- All casino payment methods have restrictions of one sort or another. They include minimum and maximum deposit and withdrawal amounts, plus a cap on how much you withdraw on any given day, week, or month.
- Which payment methods are fastest?
- Nearly all deposits are handled instantly – or within a few minutes. Withdrawal times can vary from hours to days. The quickest (subject to casino processing times) are cryptocurrency and eWallet transactions.
- Can I use a credit or debit card for my online casino payments?
- You can usually deposit and withdraw money via a credit or debit card but check with your chosen casino for confirmation. When withdrawing, funds can only be sent to the same account you used for the deposit
- Are there any limits placed on the amount I can deposit or withdraw?
- Yes, particularly when claiming welcome bonuses. You need to check with both the casino and your payment provider. Limits should be shown in their terms and conditions.
- Is it possible to use different payment methods for deposits and withdrawals?
- Yes, in fact, it might be necessary if you deposit via a payment method that cannot be used to make withdrawals. Contact your casino customer support team if necessary.
- Do specific payment methods offer bonuses or promotions?
- It is not usual, but sometimes a particular payment provider might offer a bonus or have a promotion. If you are claiming a bonus, before you do so, check the bonus terms and conditions. There might be a limited choice of which payment providers are accepted for specific bonus offers.
- What do I do if I have a payment dispute?
- Contact the casino or payment provider's customer support team.
Final Thoughts on the Best Payment Method for Online Casinos
The best casino payment methods are the ones that meet your individual needs and requirement. All of the methods we have discussed above are safe and secure. But don’t forget when making a deposit that the method you use might not be accepted for making withdrawals. However, you can nominate another account if necessary.
If security is your prime concern, prepaid cards and crypto payments are the best, but as already mentioned, all of the methods we have discussed are safe.
If withdrawal speed is important to you, the quickest payment methods for online casinos are eWallets and cryptos.