Top Online Casino Reviews in New Zealand
NZ Online Casinos Reviewed by Wagering Advisors
Bonus $1000 +150 Free Spins on Book of Dead
Up to $1000 +100 Free Spins
100% bonus up to $123
NZ$1200 Deposit Bonus + 50 Free spins
100% up to $1000 + 200 Free Spins
Deposit Bonus up to NZ$100
50 Free Spins for NZ$1
Up to $3000 + 100 Free Spins
$100 Bonus + 70 Free Spins
20 Free Spins No Deposit + 200% Bonus up to $500 + 50FS
The Wagering Advisors Casino Rating Process
The most important thing to us whenever we do casino reviews is your safety. Once we’re sure the site is 100% safe, we check out what a particular casino offers you that will more than satisfy your online gambling needs. Here’s how we go about it.
Online NZ Casino Reviews of Licensing and Site Security
We only list online casinos that are licensed and regulated by one of the top global licensing agencies. We are talking about agencies such as:
- Curacao eGaming Authority
- Kahnawake Gaming Commission
- Malta Gaming Authority
- UK Gambling Commission
If a site holds any one of these licenses, it means it’s a safe platform. But is it one of the best? We carry out further checks when we do our online casino reviews.
Game Selection Reviews
Whatever games you prefer, most NZ gamblers like to use online casinos that offer the full range of games. It means you can swap from time to time, find a new challenge and try out your luck on something new.
Our review process ensures the sites we recommend offer baccarat, blackjack, poker, pokies, and roulette. The more options, the merrier. We also look for sites that have bingo, new crash games, scratchcards sports, e-sports, and live dealer games.
Bonus Offer Review Process
To attract new players to their websites, all online casinos, including those in New Zealand, offer new players some attractive bonuses. These welcome or sign-up bonuses come in various formats, including:
- No deposit welcome bonuses
- Low deposit welcome bonuses
- Free spins bonuses – Like everyone, Kiwis love free spins
- Matched bonuses -the casino matches your deposit, so in effect, you play with twice as much money. These bonuses can be very generous – for example, up to NZ$ 2,000 plus 150 free spins, like the LeoVegas welcome bonus.
Also, to keep customers happy, casinos offer reload bonus deals, cash-back offers, weekly bonuses, and loyalty or VIP programs. The more loyalty points you collect, the higher up the VIP ladder you go, and the more bonuses and prizes you’re entitled to.
Wagering Requirements and Other Bonus Terms
If you’re a newbie online gambler, make sure you read the terms and conditions of any bonus offers you’re thinking of applying for. It’s good practice for all gamblers, regardless of experience.
Most bonuses come with wagering requirements. You can come across non-wagering bonuses, but they’re few and far between. When they’re around, you’ll find them among our casino reviews in New Zealand. Bookmark our website now and visit us regularly to pick up the latest updates.
Other terms and conditions to watch out for include minimum deposit levels and minimum withdrawal amounts.
Banking Methods Review
Banking methods are another key factor that we analyse. When you need to deposit money, you want a system that is fast and effortless, and when you withdraw money, you want the process to give you easy, quick access.
|Up to 1 working day
|Up to 3 working days
|Up to 1 day
|Up to 1 day
When withdrawing, there are two things you should be aware of.
- Firstly, although some casinos advertise instant withdrawals, it doesn’t usually take into account their processing time. Casinos can require anything up to 3 working days to approve a withdrawal request.
- Casinos often reserve the right to verify your identity. Only after they’ve finished processing your request will payment then be instant.
Some casino reviews don’t make this obvious, but you can always rely on the team here at Wagering Advisors. We tell you as it is.
User-Friendliness Casino Rating
The more user-friendly a website is, the easier it is to find and to do the things the things to want to do, so we check this out too. You should be able to find the gambling games you’re looking for with ease, so the casino layout is important.
We look for sites that have functional casino lobbies that carry links to your favourite games and topics and a good inbuilt search engine when you’re looking for something specific.
It almost goes without saying, but because we like to be 100% thorough, we’ll say it anyway. We also check out how good a casino’s mobile platform is too.
Casino Customer Services in New Zealand
Most of the time, you shouldn’t need it, but when you do, you need a casino that has great customer support, so this is the final element of our online casino reviews. The best support is one you can access 24/7 via a live chat facility.
It’s also useful if the casino has a comprehensive FAQ section. We also publish the site’s customer support telephone number and email address.
Wagering Advisors Best NZ Casino Reviews of 2023
You’ll find dozens of casino reviews on the Wagering Advisors website. To help get off to a good start, here’s a short list of some of the ones we consider among the best.
Rizk Casino Review
Rizk deserves a top casino rating, not only because it offers a great range of games, including progressives like Mega Moolah, but also for their Captain Rizk feature that guides you to their selection of the hottest titles that could be perfect for you. It is regularly updated. They also have a great welcome bonus offering a 100% deposit up to NZ$1,200 plus 50 free spins on the Wheel of Rizk.
Slotozen Casino Review
This modern-looking easy navigable casino is well worth a visit. Its Curacao eGaming License ensures your safety while you browse and play games from their choice of over 3,500 titles. With some exciting promos like Season War, Quantum X, and Aviator, there are hours of gambling fun to be enjoyed. Their welcome bonus is handsome, too, offering 2500 NZD plus 250 free spins.
Skycrown Casino Review
The Skycrown site was launched last year (2022) and offers heaps of games to play, including over 6,000 pokies. Their impressive range of games come from the top global software providers, including the likes of Endorphina, Evolution Gaming, Ezugi, Play’n Go, Pragmatic, and Swintt. They also offer one of the most generous welcome bonuses worth up to NZ$3,000 plus 350 free spins.
Cosmo Casino Review
With its MGA license, Cosmo casino has been operating since its launch back in 2001. It’s one of the oldest and most trustworthy sites and has earned its place in our top casino reviews in New Zealand. It operates on a Microgaming powered platform under a Kahnawake gambling license, and its games and RNG are eCOGRA certified. Their welcome bonus is a two-part affair, the first being a minimum deposit of NZ$10 plus 150 free spins. The second offer is a 100% match up to NZ$250.
Skycity Casino Review
Skycity online casino provides a welcome bonus matched up to NZ$100, plus 70 free spins. It’s modest by most standards, but their game offering features over 1,000 with RTPs ranging from 90 to 99% plus. They also offer bonus buy slots. The stakes are a little higher, but the winning combinations in the bonus rounds are significantly higher. Bonus buy slot titles include Book of Fallen, Book of Vikings, John Hunter and the Book of Tut, and Money Train 2.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the minimum age at which you can gamble in New Zealand?
- You have to be 20 to gamble legally at land-based or online casinos based in New Zealand. You can, however, gamble at 18 on offshore online casinos.
- What is the process for registering at a NZ online casino?
- Simply click on the “register” or “sign-up” button and follow the online instructions. The minimum information you will normally be asked to provide will be your name, address, and mobile number.
- What banking methods can I use?
- Options vary from site to site. Click on the payment method link on the website, and you will be offered a range from which to choose. If you're looking for fast payouts, choose a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin, or an eWallet like Neteller or Skrill.
- How safe is it to play at NZ online casinos?
- All the sites recommended on our website are 100% safe and secure.
- What is the process for depositing and withdrawing at NZ online casinos?
- Go to the site’s banking or payment method page. Select "deposit" or "withdrawal" and follow the online instructions. If you are applying for a bonus, you will automatically be taken through to the deposit page. The procedure for making withdrawals is the same as that of depositing, but you must first ensure you have met any wagering requirement.
- How can I make contact with customer support?
- If the site you are using has an online chat facility, simply click on the "chat" button to seek the help you need. If online chat is unavailable, look for a telephone number or an email address.
- Is online gambling addictive?
- It is no more addictive than any other hobby or pastime, but some people can become addicted. Most top online casinos have links to organisations that offer help for those who do become addicted.
- Do I have to pay tax on my winnings?
- Only if gambling is your profession and main source of income.